With rising fuel and electricity bills energy saving has become even more important. As you already know solar thermal and solar PV systems will help to reduce your bills, but what else can you do to stop your bills soaring?
We’ve compiled a list of energy saving tips to help.
2. Only fill the kettle with as much water as you need. This is more efficient and will save you time and money.
3. Defrost your fridge and freezer regularly to improve their efficiency and position them as far away as possible from cookers, heaters and direct sunlight.
4. Use Eco Balls in your dryer. These balls will help to dry your clothes faster as they create gaps in the washing which enables heat to move more freely. Furthermore, ensure the filters in your dryer are kept clean.
5. Keep your freezer full. It will work more efficiently and as a result save energy. You can always fill it with some ice for cold drinks – especially useful in this heatwave!
7. Try not to dry clothes on radiators. This will make your boiler work a lot harder than it needs to. Even better, if the weather is good, dry your clothes outside instead of using the dryer. It will save you money and give your clothes that lovely outdoor smell!
8. Use the correct size of pan for your cooking ring. Not only will your food cook quicker but you’ll save energy too.
We hope you find these tips useful and please let us know if you have any other energy saving tips or recommendations!